Brad, Patrick and I went to Emily and Jackson's house for multiple celebrations! One was the obvious, Mother's Day! I was thankful to be with my Mother and also have Patrick with us. We had the most delicious lunch that Emily prepared.(note to self, get that chicken enchilada recipe) Emily served the luncheon on Jackson's grandmother, (June Carter Cash) most exquisite antique china. The pictures do not show how truly beautiful they are.


We celebrated the Dedication to the Lord of William Carter Routh. He was the 11th child to be dedicated in the family gown. So, another monogram has been added to this special gown.

Meanwhile, in Jackson Mississippi, Mary Hollis Maddux was also dedicated in her home church there. She wore a special gown from the Hollis Family due to the Cline gown being in use in Tennessee!
We celebrated the Dedication to the Lord of William Carter Routh. He was the 11th child to be dedicated in the family gown. So, another monogram has been added to this special gown.
Meanwhile, in Jackson Mississippi, Mary Hollis Maddux was also dedicated in her home church there. She wore a special gown from the Hollis Family due to the Cline gown being in use in Tennessee!
Sarah James with Maddux
We also celebrated the 4th birthday of Jackson Maddux Routh who will be 4 actually on the 12th. He is all about some Batman, Superman, and Pirates right now. He told me several weeks ago that he wanted a Batman sword for his birthday. I came home and immediately started hunting online for this item that I knew would ultimately get him in "time out". But what is a great-aunt supposed to do when she receives such specific request? I also put a Batman coloring book with crayons and stickers in his bag just in case the sword gets him in trouble! He loved it, gave me a big hug and kiss and even called me again on the phone last night to thank me again. I was so proud to hear that he had not been in trouble one time with it!

Emma, Anni and Ava
Emma, Anni and Ava
We missed the Piggs and the Smiths as they celebrated Mother's Day in Clarksville. We also remembered our precious Aunt Ree as May 10th was her birthday. She would have been 107! She went to be with the Lord at the age of 98. There is hardly a day that goes by that I do not think of her or remember some life lesson she taught me or some cute saying that stuck with me. She definitely instilled the "craft" bug in me. One of my most favorite things that always makes me laugh so hard is a cute story from a visit with her pastor. She had been so close to death numerous times with her heart but always bounced back and kept going. One day, the pastor came by for a visit and was in deep conversation with her and asked "Mrs. Cockrill, how is your soul"? Which she replied just as serious as could be, "It is well". Every time I hear that hymn that I have always loved, I can't help but laugh out loud thinking of her and how much I always adored her so! 

Yesterday was also my dear friend Belinda Yoder's birthday. So, Belinda if you still read this blog, I wish you would return my calls!


1 comment:
Kim, you really covered the whole event yesterday and did it perfectly. I loved your descriptions, your pictures and, by the way, Aunt Ree was 98 when she died.
Mom
Post a Comment