Saturday, May 30, 2009

Yesterday, Mom came over after going to see Samantha and getting her hair done. (see picture above). She brought this wall hanging that I had seen last weekend and had my eye on for our anniversary. I immediately found a place to hang it by the bed so that I would have it in view all the time. She cooked us some great hamburgers and then we gathered her up some scrapbook supplies so she could go home and finish her 2008 scrapbook. I am so proud of her determination to get caught up with her pictures. There is nothing like sitting down and re-visiting old memories.

My next visitor was Talisa and her granddaughter, Caroline! Talisa called to say that she was bringing dinner. She knows how I love her cooking from the old days at the Donoho in Red Boiling Springs. She brought country ham, fried corn, green beans, squash casserole, rolls, a desert called Sin in a bowl, and a pan of Monkey Bread! It was just delicious! Starr and Patrick came by in time to have dinner with me. Brad was doing the mowing and ate later.
I heard from several friends yesterday and received a CD made especially for me from my freind Kim Ervin. She knows that I love songs by Travis Cottrell so she made me a CD with some of his songs and some other great inspirational songs by other artists like Mandisa, Mercy Me, Michael W. Smith. I am going to try to get some of these songs on my blog because I just love them.
Thank you to those that left comments yesterday, I still hope more of you leave me your favorite Bible verse.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What wonderful times with your Mother.

I miss mine so much.
have a great weekend,

Laura