I just wanted to post an update today on what is going on. I can tell by the number of times my blog has been accessed in the past week that I have many new readers. For the past year, I have used this blog as a source of entertainment and information. If you have come here before, you may have seen pictures of my amazing family and all the little great nieces and great nephews, you may have seen something inspirational that touched me, you may have seen pictures of our dogs, you may have seen what I cooked for dinner the night before including the recipe, you may have seen something scrapbook related, animal print or monogrammed. I am now going to include my journey to beat cancer.
Just in a week, I have talked to friends that I have not talked to in a long time. I have received emails from friends, family members, friends of family members, and blog friends. I have received numerous cards and well wishes from more than I can count.
At this point we are now waiting. The next step is my appointment with Dr. James Netterville.
He is a Godly, brilliant physician that I will see next Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 4:00. Brad and Corinne (the family doctor and question asker) will go with me. This is the doctor that treated my Daddy. We always felt that if we had found him sooner, Daddy would have had a different outcome. So, please continue to add our names to your prayers.
With much love and appreciation,
Kim
Dr. Netterville is the Director of Head and Neck Surgery at Vanderbilt and is an international leading authority of treating head and neck cancer. He is one of the world’s experts in the treatment of skull base tumors and has a vast clinical experience.
2 comments:
Thanks for stopping by and I just said a prayer for you and your family. So sorry that you are going through all this. xoxox
Hi Kim,
I was just over at Room Service Decorating and popped in to say hello. I am so sorry to read what is going on with you. I will defiantly keep you in my thoughts and prayers. All my best.
hugs, Cathy
Post a Comment