Monday, May 18, 2009

This and That....

This is a rather random post and in no particular order, all things I wanted to document!
Tonight at Davidson Academy, Anni will have her graduation ceremony. I would love to be there and see her in action but I am still on the mend and not ready for an outing.

Today the official announcement of Russell's promotion was made:

Memo to: DRMC Employees, Physicians and Volunteers

From: Larry White, Chairman of the Board of Trustees

Date: May 15, 2009

Subject: CEO appointment

I am pleased to announce that Russell Pigg has been named CEO of Dyersburg Regional Medical Center effective May 18th. He will use his first week to transition among hospitals and physically relocate to Dyersburg on May 26th.

Russell brings more than eight years of healthcare and management experience to DRMC. Most recently, he served as COO of Gateway Medical Center in Clarksville, Tennessee. During his three years at the 270-bed facility, Russell led efforts to construct and move into a new replacement facility and participated in physician recruitment and business development. He also served as Interim CEO for 10 months. Prior to his position at Gateway, Russell served as COO at Conroe Regional Medical Center, a 322-bed facility in Houston, Texas.

Russell holds a bachelor’s degree from David Lipscomb University in Nashville and two master’s degrees from the University of Alabama at Birmingham: one in business administration and another in science and health care administration. He and his wife, Leslie, have three young boys, Connor, Cannon and Cord.

Please join me in welcoming Russell and his family to our hospital and town.


I am so proud of Russell, he has worked very hard to get to this point. They will be a little further away but I am sure that it will not keep them away from the family. They have managed several moves and with each one, they jump right into the community, the church, the school and anything else Leslie comes up with and before long, they are settled.

Yesterday, I enjoyed visits from these two cuties! My birth son, Patrick and my other son that I did not birth, Chassen! They climbed up in the bed with me for a nice long visit and I had to take their picture as I have the last 20 years when they are together!

Nita also came over and visited and brought fresh strawberries and a wonderful pound cake. It was so nice to just sit and talk and catch up.
Corinne cleaned out my fridge when she was over. It seems there were several things in there that had expiration dates on them. I am always concerned as to how accurate that date is and if you can stretch it a few days or, if the date on it is the final date and you will be poisoned or worse if you use it. I saw this tip for eggs today on the Tip Junkie blog and at least I know about eggs now!
Here’s what you do!
Fill a glass with water, place your egg inside.
If the egg sinks to the bottom, it is still good and will be for some time.
If the egg floats to the middle of the glass, it is still good but needs to be used soon.
If the egg floats all the way to the top, you need to throw it away.

2 comments:

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Looks like you have a lot to celebrate ! Congrads and Welcome ! Now, don't be a stranger!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

So you are a fellow Tn. gal...Thanks for sweet comment, I have often wonder if anyone ever reads back post. I would love to say that all the photos are mine, but I can not. Some are, most are not. I feel funny about putting a clients home on the web, so I don't do it very often. I only dream of owning a store... thanks for visiting, look forward to getting to know you.