I have started to write several times in the past few days and then I sit and stare at my computer and wonder what to write, what to say, or how to document this new development in our life.
It all started back in February when I noticed that my neck appeared swollen on the right side. I had a doctor's appointment coming up so I let it go. When I went to the doctor, I was put on antibiotics to see if it was just infection. After 2 rounds, it was still there and I was referred to an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor for a biopsy. It came back with abnormal cells and I was then sent to a surgeon who took a couple more biopsies and those tests came back "inconclusive". Surgery was performed last Wednesday to remove the "mass". Brad was told that it all looked fine and I would get the official results in a few days. The "official" results came back and I was told that I had Metastatic Squamous Cell Carcinoma. I am still trying to take it all in and wrap my mind around it all. This is the same diagnosis that my Daddy was given in 1995. He valiantly fought for three years and ultimately lost the battle. So now, we aggressively try to find the source of the cancer, and remove it.
I am a praying person and I come from a praying family. I am not ashamed to ask anyone that reads this blog to please add me and my family to your prayer list.
7 comments:
I'm in your corner...ILY....Corinne
We're with you and love you. - Chris, Ashley, Christopher, John Ed and Mary Hollis
crying at my desk. for someone I've never met...but adore. i hate this for you...yes, hate it. prayers for sure. will light a candle at church on Sunday...and add you to my church's list.
lots of love from OK...kate
Just want to let you know just how much I love you! We are by your side every step of the way. You are in my prayers at all times.
With an abundant amount of love and respect for you,
Candice Haynes
Kimmie, know that we are certainly lifting you up! You have been on my mind and heart all week and will continue to be! I haven't stopped thinking about you! Please update us with specific requests you have to be prayed for. We need to remember that God is mighty to save and can move mountains!
Love you more than you know!
Emily
I am praying lots of times throughtout the day...one day a time...one hour, one moment....Kimberly...I have not told you, I soooo admire you, as a person, friend, wife, mom, and stepmon...you deserve to sit at the right had of God.... thats says how I feel ....see you sooon....Starr
Will and I love you and are praying for you!
Post a Comment