I thought I was finished posting today but I could not go to sleep without posting about my day. I was expecting Nita to come over this afternoon. She told me that she got me the Travis Cottrell CD that I have been waiting to be released. She was also bringing dinner. When I went to answer the door, Corinne was with her. They began to unload the car and made several trips and I then saw Jacque was with them. They came in and started preparing dinner and it was a feast. The next thing I know, Tracey is coming in. They had this all planned! You have never seen the likes of all the food that was prepared! We all set down to dinner and Tracey prayed the sweetest prayer and we all enjoyed the chicken dressing casserole, fresh fruit, squash, salad, rolls and tea. They all enjoyed looking at all the sweet cards and emails that I have received over the past few weeks and I asked them all to record their favorite Bible verse in my book.
When I took them outside to show them my little area that Brad fixed up for me, Corinne had already been out there and surprised me with the prettiest flowers!
Then, as if that wasn't enough, we came inside for coffee and cake and I was given another surprise! It was a beautiful bracelet with the the inscription of WARRIOR on the top of it and I AM STRONG on the inside of it. With the bracelet, came an insert of what the bracelet was to represent.



WARRIOR
For surely you did not choose this battle. Rather it chose you. And standing on the edge of what you cannot escape is most tormenting. But take one final breath before the plunge. And charge forward. Knowing that you go not alone, but in mighty company of all who stand ready to fight at your side. And knowing that where your spirit is weakened, there you will find untold strength. Where your heart is fearful, there you will find immeasurable courageousness. And where your soul is mired in darkness, there you will find the most penetrating light. The most powerful beacon showing you the way.

WARRIOR
For surely you did not choose this battle. Rather it chose you. And standing on the edge of what you cannot escape is most tormenting. But take one final breath before the plunge. And charge forward. Knowing that you go not alone, but in mighty company of all who stand ready to fight at your side. And knowing that where your spirit is weakened, there you will find untold strength. Where your heart is fearful, there you will find immeasurable courageousness. And where your soul is mired in darkness, there you will find the most penetrating light. The most powerful beacon showing you the way.
As Aunt Ree would say "words are in the attic". Once again, my sisters, united, strong, women of God, loving and caring, came to my side to lift me up and to remind me that I am not facing this battle alone.
I also had a visit this afternon from Starr and her beautiful granddaughter, Anna.
No comments:
Post a Comment