As Corinne reminded me this morning, I am behind on my blog posting so here goes. Friday, June 5, 2009 Jerry and Sandra Pigue, Brad's parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary! This write up was in today's Tennessean. Only thing it left out was a grandson named Patrick Evans!Yesterday, Saturday, Alice Mogan (my cousin) called to say that she and her husband Henry were going to be coming by with a drop off! I couldn't imagine what she meant being that she lives almost an hour away! Well, sure enough she came and brought me a bag of gifts from my aunt and uncle, J.B. and Faye Cline, and my cousin Jimmy and his wife Judy and her and Henry! They have certainly seen first hand what is involved in sickness with the love and care that they all provided so well for my cousin Cheryl. They wanted me to have some comfort items for sitting in the doctor's office and going to treatments. Alice is an amazing seamstress and she has all the equipment to monogram and embroidery. She also knits! So, you can see from the pictures, I have my bag, with towels, soft blanket and pillow and I am ready to go. I will be using them first on the car ride to the beach! Alice knows that I would have everything monogrammed if possible and she has already provided me with a cosmetic bag, a blanket, an apron, and a bulletin board.
When the mail came the other day there was a box for me from a church in Kentucky. I could not imagine what it was. When I opened it I found a note from the Baptist Church of Bowling Green Prayer Shawl Ministry. It said that they had ran a piece in the paper about the ministry and my Aunt, Patsy Murphy, contacted them in my behalf. A group of ladies meet and make the prayer shawls and send to people to let them know they are being prayed for. What a wonderful ministry and how sweet of my Aunt Patsy to do this for me.
This picture is what you see when you step out the french doors of our bedroom. Because we have no trees in the back yard, the sun is so hot beating in the bed room. My sweet husband, spent hours yesterday putting this up to shade the bedroom and also make a place where I can sit outside in the shade and the bugs can't get me! I sat out there this morning before work and it so peaceful and serene out there. ( Mom you are going to love this! )
The only other news is that I started my new work hours today. I am now off on Wednesday and Thursday and have to work on the weekends. We were very slow this morning and they made us clock out an hour before we were supposed to. I could not imagine why they were making so many of us work Sunday now. You would think that everyone would be at church and not wanting to call and fuss about their Comcast bill or messing up their remote control and sure enough they were. My PET scan is scheduled for Friday the 12th at Vanderbilt and then Patrick, Mom and I leave on Sunday after work for the Beach! The Evans' have so graciously extended one of their condos for us to stay in and we can't wait! I will update as I have more news, Thanks for reading and please leave me a comment to let me know you are coming on the blog! I see the number of hits going up by the hundreds and I can't imagine who is reading besides Mom and the Sisters!
No comments:
Post a Comment