Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Saturday....

My day started out here, on our deck watching the sun come up before work. It was so beautiful and quite and a perfect spot to read. I worked until noon and then took a nap. I just can't seem to get enough sleep these days. I watched a little Lifetime TV, talked on the phone, wrote some notes, made some lists and slept some more.

My sweet precious friends Starr and Samantha had offered several times to come over and get me ready for our trip tomorrow and I took them up on it.


This is not the perfect setting for a manicure and a pedicure with our needy dogs but luckily, Starr did not mind them wanting to watch and play while she worked.

Then Samantha came loaded down with all the products to color my grey roots and give me some blonde highlights!

While my hair was processing, Starr started getting my clothes ready and packed. Samantha and I watched and agreed or disagreed on Starr's selections. It is amazing that 90% of clothing that I own is black. How many black capri's or black pants does one person need?


When Samantha went to cut my hair, she realized that she did not bring her scissors with her. Not to worry she said, she could cut with anything, the magic comes from her not the scissors! So, she cut with a pair of scrap book scissors and she was right! Starr rearranged the furniture in my gazebo and then we were back inside for the highlights. Which by the way, Starr ended up needing some of those too!

While Samantha was drying my hair, we all played with my hair extensions.

It was such a fun time being with these two very special friends. I now have the cutest toes, nails and hair and it does make me feel so much better! My clothes are ready and I can hardly wait to hit the road in the morning with Patrick and Mom!

No comments: