Tuesday, June 30, 2009

D Day Eve!

Well as I go over my last "To Do List" I finally have everything marked off but to steam Brad's shorts! I think I will take his advice and throw them in the dryer and call it a day! I would be dishonest if I said that I was not a little nervous about tomorrow. I am so ready to start the recovery and be done with all this "c" talk. I have been so blessed with all the prayers, calls, gifts, food, cards, visits and kind deeds done for me but I am anxious to be on the other side of it all. Today, Starr came with lunch and just quietly worked around the house folding laundry, straightening up and even set up a leash system for Buddy to go outside to the bathroom unassisted and keep him from running away from me. Patrick came by for a visit and to run errands and handle the doggies getting baths and haircuts.
This afternoon, Mom. my sisters, Ray, and Emily came by to visit with me and the next thing I knew my deck was filled with some very special members of my church family. They came to sing some songs and pray for me. I can't begin to express the love and concern that I witnessed in each face. I am so humbled and touched by the overwhelming out pour of love and concern that has been shown to me during this time. I am without adequate words. Michael Greene prayed the sweetest prayer and then the mood was lightened with their rendition of the Gloria Gaynor song "I will survive". I am going to have to put the video on here to show what a special time this was with these friends and my family.



My sweet Mother prepared a delicious dinner of my favorites, country style steak and gravy, creamed potatoes, green beans, apples, rolls and chess pie. I told her that I wanted to just leave it in my mouth so I could keep tasting it! After dinner, Phil Barnes, minister at Madison Church of Christ, called to let me know that I would be prayed for all day long tomorrow.

I will now pack my bag to take to the hospital and rest for a few hours and then it will be "D Day". Brad and I have to be at Vanderbilt at 6:00 am and my surgery is scheduled for 8:00 am. It is expected to take between 4-6 hours. Corinne already has my book that has all my notes and phone numbers and I am sure that she will get an email out as soon as the surgery is over. Mom is going to be posting updates on her blog at : http://postingsfrompatsy.blogspot.com/

Please keep up the prayers, we still have a ways to go!

Love to all!

1 comment:

kate said...

what a beautiful, beautiful day! how are you doing? I've been thinking about you! kate