Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Catching Up!

First of all, I need to back up to Friday, June 26th, 2009 and wish Russell Pigg a very happy belated birthday! I left him a message on Leslie's facebook but I know that doesn't count. I will combine that with Happy 11th anniversary to the Pigg's on June 27, 2009 and tell them how happy they make me and how extremely proud I am of them and their family. It seems like only yesterday, that we shared in a beautiful ceremony at Community Church and then joined them in Destin, Florida on their honeymoon! Next, I will move on to Sunday night when my brother-in-law, Mark Smith and the quartet he sings in, Mercy Road performed at Dalewood Baptist Church. If you have not been to see them, you are truly missing out on a huge blessing. Starr picked me up and we met Corinne, Jacque, Wayne, Mom and Sandra Pigue and her friend for a very moving hour of music .
After the performance, We headed down to Battered and Fried for dinner. We had lots of laughing and good food !

Yesterday started out with Starr and Samantha coming over to help work on my "To Do List"! Samantha brought lunch that her sweet husband had prepared of brisket, homemade tortillas, rice and beans and it was delicious. Carolene Lewis came bearing curtains for the bedroom to shade me from the hot sun that beams through the french doors. After lunch, Starr and Samantha got busy getting them hung and making sure that I would be able to sleep in a dark room! They cleaned, worked on laundry, did my nails and eyebrows, gave me texting lesson, and proceeded to mark items off my list left and right! Marti McDonald stopped by for a visit and the next thing I knew Brad was home from work and ready to go grocery shopping with his list!

These pictures are pretty self explanatory! Talisa Cowden came by bearing a warm chocolate pie fresh out of the oven. We have always had our best times sitting up in my bed talking and laughing and last night was no different!

1 comment:

Mom said...

How foolish of me to think that you didn't need company yesterday. The friends that you have came, worked for you, loved you and I'm sure that it was just the most wonderful of days. Talisa Cowden knows just what everybody needs in a time of need. Remember when she came the night Billy died? She was amazing. What a gift.