Family support day was delayed a little bit today due to the weather so we didn't get there until noon. The roads improved once we got out of Tennessee and we did not see any trace of snow as we got to Paint Rock. Lauren seemed happy to see us and that was good. They were eating and she chose to eat outside. The wind was so bitter cold. After lunch they had a graduation ceremony for one of the parents. Her daughter had been there for 22 months and left 2 days after Lauren got there. I could not make it down the way so I took these pictures from up the hill. After the ceremony, they had a huddle and we were free to visit for the remainder of the time. It got a little out of hand with Lauren when we questioned why she continues to refuse to do what she is told and cause all of the other girls to have to sit and wait for her to do what she is supposed to do. She and Brad played a game and we enjoyed talking to some of the girls and their parents. It is so different here, the parents are so involved and really friendly and good to talk to. One of the girls wanted to see my finger that had been cut off. Lauren told them that one my sisters threw a knife at me and cut off the top of my finger! We assured them (Corinne) that it was an accident. Also, Lauren told the girls that she sings Opera, that was new to us also!
I think they realize that she has trouble with the truth! We left around 4:15 and headed home, I feel like a truck ran over me a couple of times! As we got to Madison, we stopped in at Mom's for a tray of pipping hot Chicken and Dressing Casserole, Butter Peas, Cole Slaw and she even shared some of the cornbread that Nita had given her! It was wonderful, I am now going to take a bath and go to bed!

2 comments:
I am glad ya'll got to visit with Lauren, despite the weather conditions. I can't believe Mom threw a knife at you all those years ago!! j/k Thanks for the update and I hope you are able to rest today. We look forward to maybe getting to see you and play this week at Mimi's! love you...
I read your "blog" every day and listen to the music even when I am working on other documents at my desk. I appreciate you keeping us informed of your life. As you might suspect I pray for you many times during the day and night and want so badly for your health to improve. I love you so very much - Mom
Post a Comment