Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day Part Two




This weekend was Family Weekend at Paint Rock with Lauren. It was also the Open House that they have every year. I was not able to go so Brad went on and his parents also went for the day. They had an award ceremony for all the girls and Lauren won the award for Most Successful New Student in Anatomy and she also won 1st place for her writing of The Definition of a Mother. Her writing was for me and needless to say I am so sad that I did not get to see and hear her read it to all in attendance. She called and read to me on the phone and it brought me to tears to know that she really does love me. I am going to post it on here because I want to have a record of it and I also want to share it with all that read this and pray for her.

The Definition of a Mother written by Lauren Pigue

When I think of a mother, I think of someone who is loving and caring. Someone that you can tell things to, and will love you nonetheless for what you have done. A mother does not have to be your biological mother, but it could be your stepmother or someone that you look up to. A mother is not just the woman that gave birth to you, but is the one that cares for you. She is not just the woman that buys you clothes and feeds you, but the one that will support you when you are down. She can be someone to look up to. She is someone you can be you around. You can go to the mall with, and have mother-daughter time with. For me, having a mother has been a great thing. For one, she is not just a Mom, she can be a best friend. We like alot of the same things but we are just as different as we are alike. My definition of a Mother would be exactly what I have. She is fun, but at the same time, she knows where to stop being a friend and start being a parent. She has taught me so many things in the past six years. She has taught me such things as manners, religion, how to be a girl, and what it means to have a Mother. Since I have had this woman in my life, I have grown so much. I do not think I would ever want to lose the support and love from her. My definition of a Mother is someone who you can count on to be there, to guide you, to care for you, and to love you no matter what you have done in the past, present or future.


Lauren had also earned an onsite overnight visit with us by becoming a group member. Brad took a great big birthday cake for her to share with her group and we packed all new summer clothes for her that she loved. He took movies, games, cards and snacks and food for them to have for the 24 hour time together. They had a great time, took some walks, played and did alot of talking. It was a great time for Brad and one that he needed.

3 comments:

starr said...

WOW!!! that is awesome!!! I know it makes you happy and proud too!!!

Leslie Pigg said...

That is a beautiful essay!! "WOW" is right. Thank you for sharing with us. I know it was so touching for you and you deserved the sweet Mother's Day recognition. I love you!

Patsy Cline said...

My heart was certainly rejoicing as I read Lauren's sweet words. I hope that she really meant all that she said because it was written so beautifully. I do believe in prayer and I do think that one of these days - don't know when - God will heal Lauren and she will be a real daughter to you and to Brad. She is a beautiful girl and very intelligent and it is such a waste for her to be like she is. I'm glad that Brad had this wonderful week-end with her.