Yesterday was, in my favorite adjective, "exquisite". I was so happy to have all of you here, bustling around in my kitchen, making preparations for the wonderful feast and expecting nothing at all from me. I was, however, observing each of you and the way you approached your tasks - but that is another story that will be told someday. The men were so very supportive of Patrick as he braved the smoke and the charcoal rather than the gas grilling that he is accustomed to. I think he did a remarkable job and my burger was perfect. I enjoyed everything that I ate and thought that the food was just outstanding. It gave me great delight to sit at the table and see my "girls" there with me - unencumbered with spouses, grandchildren or anything that would distract from the intimacy of the occasion. In other words the Mother's Day 2008 was just grand.
After much discussion about the weather, we went back to plan A for the old fashioned grill out with hamburgers and all the fixings and I am so glad. It turned out great. My electricity went out around 10:00 am so I didn't get to make the baked beans the way that I usually do with the hamburger meat and all but they turned out OK. Patrick came over around 3 and brought me 2 cards that I will treasure always, 2 big beautiful wonderful smelling candles and 2 bags of M and M's (the peanut butter ones, a favorite of mine). He then loaded up the car with my trays of condiments that were completely beautiful I might add. With no electricity, I had nothing to do but create with onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cheeses and pickles! As Ray says, done by an OCD'er!
It was a great day for all!!! Brad had my camera in Alabama so I have no pictures to show.
No comments:
Post a Comment