Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012!

I have come to this blog over a hundred times in the past year to write a post and end up hitting the delete button after the first sentence was written. It seems that ever since the chemo and radiation, (and lots of medication) I knew what I wanted to say, but I could not get it from my brain to the computer screen. The words I wanted to write were nothing of great importance to anyone, just a mere documentation of what was going on from day to day.  On January 24, 2012, I will have made the two year mark of being cancer free.  I thank God everyday for this blessing.  I also ask forgiveness for ever doubting that I would not make it to the other side of the dreaded cancer.  I praise God for answering my prayer to let me live to see my baby boy Patrick happily married with children of his own.  I witnessed all of this in 2011.  I praise God for the strength He gave to my precious husband Brad to take care of me with such unconditional love.  My amazing Mother, my sweet son and sisters and close friends were not even to be believed for the care I have been given over the past few years. The cancer is gone but I still struggle daily with the CREST Syndrome and the awful attacks of fibromyalgia. I try so hard to refrain from complaining, I have so much to be thankful for.  So, I said all that to say, I am going to use this day of this new year and resolve to live 2012 to the fullest.  I am going to make lots of wonderful memories and use this blog to document them all.  Happy New Year!!!!     

4 comments:

Mom said...

Bravo to you for returning to your Blog. I will check it and enjoy reading your comments. Your cancer free condition is the result of many prayers that were prayed on your behalf. You were so brave and fought so hard and I am so proud of you because you are still fighting. You never stop giving of yourself and I am the blessed recipient of your love and help. Keep writing and I'll keep reading. Love you, Mom

Corinne said...

I'm so glad you are back in the bloging business! I love you to peices!

Samantha said...

I am so happy to see this in motion! Love to you!

starr said...

Amen