I had planned to put an update on here for weeks but honestly, my Mother always said..."if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". I am progressing as the doctor said I would just not the way I would like to. I have had good days and bad days in this recovery process and I am doing everything I can to get strong enough for what is ahead. It all became very real to me yesterday at Vanderbilt as I laid on the CT table and they made a mask of my face and measured where the radiation would be given. They took Mom and me in the room and showed us the machine where I will get the treatments and gave me a paper with appointments from August 17th until September 30th. I go to the chemo oncologist on August 6th and she will coordinate the chemo plan with the radiation and I will have that once a week while I am there getting the radiation treatment. So, on Patrick's 24th birthday, I start the journey to end this dreaded disease.
There have been many times in my life that I did not understand the reason or the plan that God had and I have to admit that this is one of those times. I will say that because of this, I have found out that I am very loved and cared for by so many people. I have found that it does help to send cards or emails or to call those in need. I have found that it is important to say I love you, I care for you, I am there for you. It does help to prepare a meal and take it to someone so they don't have to think about that. It does help to visit and most of all, the power of prayer. When I am past this, I do intend to learn from this experience and reach out to others with the love I have been shown. As I have said before, I am overwhelmed by the out pour of love that has been showered on me since this all started. To all of you that have prayed for us, brought food, sent flowers, emails, called, sent cards, cleaned the house, or came for a visit, I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to me. To my family, you have gone above and beyond the call of duty for sure. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I will never be able to express my appreciation.
I continue to claim this scripture :
"I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29:11
I am so blessed and I have complete faith that I will be cured from this dreaded disease. Thank you again and please keep us in your prayers.
2 comments:
You are a warrior! I love you !
We have gone through storms before and found the rainbow haven't we? Keep thinking good thoughts and praying prayers and we will find that "somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly - so can we you and I". You are so loved and so cherished by me and by your family.
Mom
Post a Comment