My Dyersburg Valentines!!! Cannon, Cord and Connor Pigg!
This post is going backwards because when I put the pictures up, that's how they landed so just keep reading! I am starting with Sunday, February 14, 2010, actually Valentine's Day. Chris, Ashley, Christopher, John Ed and Mary Hollis came up for the long weekend. A birthday party was planned for three of the cousins to share but had to be changed due to the Father daughter sock hop at CPA and also illness in Drew's family.
John Ed Maddux's birthday was Feb. 6, 2010 and he turned 3 years old! Maddux loves it when Christopher and John Ed come to town so he has someone to wrestle with and scream and shoot at each other!


Next we have Anni Routh pictured above. Her birthday was Saturday, Feb. 13, 2010 and she turned 7 years old. Her DD and G gave her a new dance outfit for her American Girl doll that even has tap shoes! Anni was so excited telling us that her parents are taking "just her" to Chicago in March and going to the American Girl Store! She is so animated when she tells anything that it is like watching a performance. She loves to pretend and perform as you can see she changed into dress up clothes while we were there. (This happens to be an old dance costume of Ashley's when she was a child).
Mom and I captured the smallest ones, Mary Hollis and Will Carter for a quick picture. Mary Hollis will be one next month!
I fixed a Valentine Lunch for Brad, Patrick and Mom. We had Chicken Elegante, Gourmet mashed potatoes, Roasted, herb carrots, green bean casserole, and miniature cream cheese biscuits and sweet tea. It was so fancy, I had to pull out Leslie's recipe's! We ate off of heart shaped plates and really enjoyed being together. We gave Patrick some cute T-shirts and some candy. Baby got some new hair bows that she loved! For Mom, we gave her the "You are Special Plate". My cousin Cheryl, had a luncheon in my honor and served me with this plate. I had never seen it before or heard of the sweet tradition behind it. You write on the back of the plate, the date and the occasion and the person you are celebrating, eats their food from this plate.


I had told Mom not too long ago that Starr carried a real handkerchief in her purse and had given me one for my purse. It reminded me of an old Designing Women show where Suzanne Sugarbaker ( one my hero's) said that a woman that carried a nice handkerchief, showed a sign of good breading. For my Valentine, Mom gave me 6 of the most beautiful handkerchiefs I have ever seen. They were my Grandmothers and Aunt Ree's. They have such detailed tiny embroidery on them that they did. I will cherish these always and if and when the good Lord sends a wife for Patrick, I will pass on to her.


Saturday, Feb. 13, 2010 Drew took his oldest girls Ava on the left and Emma on the right to the annual CPA Father daughter dance. This was the first year for Ava to go.
Brad took me to dinner Saturday night at September's. It was a really beautiful restaurant and the food was good. We thought it was expensive for what you got. We were glad to try it out since we had not been there before. I gave Brad a Blu-Ray DVD and we swapped our cards. As always we kept the tradition of one serious and one funny. I had already opened and worn my Valentine gift from Brad........ Oh I could
live in these cute boots from Bodens! Well that catches up the past few days if anyone is even still reading!!!!
2 comments:
You captured the entire scenario of all that has happened lately. It was wonderful to read and see the pictures. Because of you I had a marvelous Valentine's Day.
Love, Mom
Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like Baby D will be cleared to come visit you in about 2 weeks :)
Post a Comment