Thursday, February 11, 2010

I have a new BFF!!!!

Today Beth Moore was at Lifeway in Franklin, TN signing her new book that just came out. Mom and I got there and the line was already around the store but, it went fast and we met the cutest girl in line so it was OK. When we got up to Beth it was just almost overwhelming. For some reason, I feel like I know her. Like in real life know her. Through all the years of taking her Bible Studies, reading her blog everyday and reading Amanda's, I know way too much about their family!!! She did not rush us, she looked us in the eye as if she had all day. I told her how much I had prayed for her when she was sick and she said "girl, you just can't imagine what it is like waiting to find out if you have cancer". I responded with "yes I can, I was diagnosed in May, had surgery, chemo and radiation and in January was declared cancer free". She grabbed me again and hugged even tighter and she said "yes I can see you are cancer free! I see God all over your face, yes I can, bless you dear friend"! It was just precious is all I can say and I am so glad that we went.
Of course there was a lunch outing! Everything in our family seems to revolve around eating. We went to Puffy Muffin, Hot Pink, dashed through Katy's Hallmark, looked for Mom's house on Greerland Drive where she lived with Daddy before all of us, ran by Aunt Nita's to see the new paint job on Auntie's house and still made it to physical therapy for me at Vanderbilt 30 minutes early! It's all in your organizational skills!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Oh my goodness. This made me cry. What a lovely experience for you at the book signing and CONGRATS on being cancer-free!!!!

Summer said...

OMG this post made me cry! I am sooo glad you got to meet BETH MOORE and that you are CANCER FREE!! That is AWESOME NEWS....I am sooo glad I found your blog....you are such an inspiration to me....

Summer :0)

Kell@TearingUpHouses said...

aw, good for you! and congrats on being cancer free! that's wonderful.

kelly