Sunday, January 18, 2009

2nd Post for today!


Yesterday, my sisters celebrated my 50th birthday by honoring me with the most perfect party! I had no idea where it was or who would be there when I arrived. Mom and Sara picked Lauren and I up at 11:45 and off we went. I realized that we were heading to Hendersonville but I did not know the location until we turned down Anderson Lane and I knew we were going to Nita's house. When we pulled up there were cars everywhere and I was trying to identify the owners of the vehicles when Corinne greeted me at the car and helped us in. As I came through the door, there was a room full of very special people, all waiting for me. The tables were set with the most beautiful flowers and place settings. Leslie made a CD of songs I love as well as from the year I was born that was playing in the background. After lots of hugs, the sisters had the group circle up, we counted (25 total) and Tracey prayed the sweetest prayer. We were seated and served our delicious lunch. While we were eating our lunch, each one would get up and share a story or a memory that we shared. I was overwhelmed with the kind words that were said to me and about me. We had birthday cake and ice cream with coffee and then I opened the most marvelous gifts. Each gift was so thoughtfully chosen and things that I love given so generously by such dear friends and family. Leslie made over 100 pictures while Emily, Nita, Corinne and Jacque worked cleaning up and washing all the dishes. It was such a special time and no one seemed rushed or in a hurry to leave, they were there to celebrate me.
A very special memory was made, one that I will treasure for the rest of my life!













No comments: