Saturday, December 27, 2008

Catching Up, Long Post!

Well, Christmas has come and gone now and I usually feel so let down when it is all over. This year I think I took it all in more and savored each moment to the fullest. In my almost 50 years, I think that this Christmas was one of the best. I thought alot about Daddy, Aunt Ree, Mema, Cheryl and Ned. I watched old videos of the family singing the 12 Days of Christmas and getting in the circle and counting. Traditions have changed and new ones implemented, we have lost loved ones and welcomed new ones in and so life goes on.
Patrick and I missed the family Christmas get together at Nita and Ray's because of work but Leslie took some wonderful pictures and video of the night. Mom presented all the little ones with a book of her favorite poems from childhood and they all loved
the books.
Christmas Eve was spent in the kitchen with Lauren and Patrick cooking and baking. They set me up a little desk and chair so that I could oversee and call out the ingredients needed for the recipes. We made lots of deserts and made a traditional Christmas dinner!

The Pigue's came (another tradition)over after we had dinner for desert and coffee
and to exchange gifts.
Mom came over to spend the night (another tradition) and she took her bath and put her Christmas pj's on got settled in her bed and Patrick and I manned the kitchen with the preparations for our Christmas morning breakfast and the sugar cookie decorating. (another tradition)


Before turning out the lights I got the coffee ready with the Christmas cups Mom gave me several years ago (another tradition) and then it was off to bed.

We woke up Christmas morning and had our Christmas toast and sausage pinwheels that Corinne sent us. We opened presents and everyone was delighted with their gifts.






After breakfast, Mom and I settled in the bedroom to watch Christmas shows that I had collected over the past few weeks and then it was time for work. Mom packed all her stuff up and Patrick came to get her while Brad and Lauren went to the Pigue's family Christmas at his parents house.



Then it was all over and this is what remained !

Friday was my fourth annual party for the little ones! We met at the Veranda for breakfast and I was in my glory! What joy it brings to me to see the little ones and to have them all in one place at one time is pure happiness! Brand new baby Will Carter is still too little to come out but he will be at the next one and also we look forward to having Mary Hollis too! (I hope that is the name they will give her) I found a place on line to have books made for each one of them with the story about them. They were just squealing when they realized that it had their name in the story and their friends names too!

Leslie took some awesome pictures with the new camera she got from Russell for Christmas and I am going to make one slide show of everything in the next few days.

A new tradition this year was a girl gathering with Starr and Samantha that we planned back in November. Samantha provided some amazing appetizers and Starr provided the Mimosas. We had a ball just talking and laughing and catching up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG.... what an awesome day.... I love Kimmie and Sam!!!~