Sunday, December 21, 2008

Annual Mother Daughter Day

In Keeping with tradition, Mom and I had our Mother/Daughter day Friday. It has been on our calenders for weeks. We started this tradition in 1998. I pick Mom up in the morning and I have her a caramel swirl capacino waiting. We head to IHOP for breakfast and our planning session. We pull out our shopping lists and compare coupons and get our game plan. After breakfast we headed to Macy's. We found a spot right at the door and Mom was convinced that it was a sign that we were going to be successful. As luck would have it (another sign) someone left a Linens n Things buggy at the door. We discussed it and decided that neither of us could carry anything very well and I could push it for walking so off we went! We did receive some odd looks but I think other shoppers were just wishing they had one too! We went right down our lists getting what we needed and then it was time to go to Starr for our pedicures. After all that walking, it was great. Starr had the cutest animal print notepad and feather pen and a Vera Bradley change purse/key ring for me. When our toes were dry, we were off again to Chick fil-a for a little snack. Then it was to Bed Bath and Beyond. We were laughing over the fact that we were picking up items and saying you get this for my stockling and I will get one for your stocking!















We finished up around 4:00 in time for me to get Mom home for another tradition she has of making chocolate covered cherries with friends that have done this for years. We were tired but it was a great day and another wonderful memory was made!

1 comment:

Patsy Cline said...

Wasn't it a wonderful Mother/Daughter day? As the song says "I could not have asked for more".
Love you, Mom