Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Dear Mom,
Today we celebrate the 75th year of your life ! I know some people do not like their age being broad casted but that is not you. I read this quote the other day and it really described you.
A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. ~Washington Irving
You amaze me each day with your love of the Lord, your positive attitude, and a heart of gold. You instilled the importance of family that Mema and Aunt Ree taught you to all of your children, grandchildren and now great grandchildren. All of our life when we were sad, you were sad. If we were hurt, you always felt our pain. When we are happy, you are thrilled right along with us. There is no limit to the love you have for your family and friends.
I celebrate you today on October 14, 2008 but please know that I celebrate you everyday of my life and I thank God for giving me you as my Mother.
Happy 75th Birthday Mom, I love you with all my heart!

No comments: