Monday, October 6, 2008

Busy Day

Well the day started out with school starting late for Lauren because of teacher's meetings. After much discussion, she chose this ring in the picture for her senior ring. I can't really say anything because back in 1977 I spent a ridiculous amount of money (of my own I might add) at the Jewel Box getting my Senior ring and it looked nothing like a class ring. I think I wore it for a year and it has been in my jewelry box ever since.
Next was finally bitting the bullet and having the dead tree in our yard cut down. We have put it off because of the expense for sometime but every time the wind blows, big branches would fall down and we did not want to take the chance of it coming through the front door so down it came. I found the best company on Craigslist of all places to do it. The 2 guys went and worked at Patrick's house Friday and it looks great and all ready for Winter.
Then it was time for my favorite house guest to arrive! We had her room all ready and waiting when Paul brought her over today. She had her first physical therapy session and it was pretty tough on her. She was pretty wiped out so I got her all situated in the recliner and she took a little nap. I had about 20 minutes left to figure out what to have for dinner and to get it ready. I fell back on my old faithful roast, potatoes, carrots and green beans menu. I threw it together real quick and got online to start work at 2:30. Just as I signed in, Fed Ex came with Brad's cell phone and the dogs went crazy. At 2:45, Lauren came in from school and they went crazy again! It is a good thing that I have my microphone set where I can mute it quickly to accommodate the activities around here! My head set plugs into the side of my computer and I link into the companies system. Today was very frustrating because several of the new employees were having technical issues and it made the rest of us have to sit and wait while they asked a million questions and tried to remember their passwords to the different settings we have already learned. I had to sit and look at this screen forever. While I was sitting here waiting, Firestone calls and says Mom's brakes need replacing and several other things need to be done to the car. I did have some coupons and that will help her but the main thing is when she is back in commission, the car will be ready to go!
I got a little break around 6:30 so we sat down and ate. I was so happy to see Mom eat all of her dinner. She is not eating very much lately so I am glad that she thought it tasted good. I got off work at 9:00 pm and she did her exercises and nightly routine and we got her all settled in bed with Buddy on guard! I peeked in there a few minutes ago and she was sound asleep. I am praying that she will sleep well and I am glad this day is done! Wonder what is in store for tomorrow? Hopefully I will hear something from my tests from last week and see what changes are going on with me.



1 comment:

Leslie Pigg said...

Oh my...that IS a busy day! Thank you so much for your updates on all of you. I am glad to hear a little about your new job...Mom told me some but I hope and pray it's a good match for you. I didn't get to talk to you when I called the house earlier but now I know why! Your plate is quite full. Know that I love you very much!