Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Written by Patsy (Mom)

Well, we have passed the #3 mark of radiation - and she is back at home. Tracey took her today and the trip and treatment went without incident. I was waiting on the front porch when they arrived home. Kim had ordered "two egg in the nests" for her lunch so quite naturally I was equipped with eggs and bread in my basket. We came in and Tracey was putting water in a beautiful arrangement of flowers that are from Patti Bearden with a lovely note to accompany them. I busied myself getting ready to make her requested lunch. She sipped on a Diet Coke and seemed to be tired but at that point not nauseated. She ate the meal and then went to her room to check her Facebook and catch up on her messages. She had a phone call from Darlene and one from Brad. I finished cleaning the kitchen and started the dishwasher and went to join her in her room. She was lamenting the fact that her bedside table was so full of stuff so we began to clean it off and she instructed me as to what to put where. When I finish this note I will put dates on the backs of her cards from several days so that she can remember when she received them. I believe that she has quit listing them in a book (very sensible I think). She told me that if she were to describe her feelings she would tell me that she feels like someone who has the flu - shaky, weak, feverish, etc. I was glad to hear this, even though it distresses me that she feels like this, because now we have an idea of how she really is. Her throat doesn't seem to be quite as sore and she has not told me about her head. If I was guessing I would say that she probably does have a headache. The mask that she has to wear during her treatment is very tight and leaves some lines on her face - they fade soon but that tells you how snug it fits her. So far she has held her lunch and that is a big PLUS. I will give her a banana in a litle while for a snack. This is all of the news I have at this time.
Love to you all, Patsy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are cleansing your facial skin, always scrub delicately. Cleaning too difficult can aggravate the skin and take away so much of the skin's gas more and more is made. The result may well be more acne breakouts, not significantly less. By washing gently you will see the greatest results in the long term. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Micr33oe5e[/url]